We regularly counsel clients on every possible employment law issue including:
- Successfully starting the relationship with new employees including interviewing, hiring, background checks, training and orientation
- Development of effective written policies and procedures, including Employee Handbooks
- Workplace investigations
- Strategy for electronic issues in the workplace including social media, company control of electronic information and devices
- Managing difficult employees
- Handling leaves of absence and disability accommodation
- Wage and hour issues including classification of exempt versus non-exempt employees, breaks, overtime, commissions, bonuses.
- Workplace Safety and Injury Illness Prevention Plans
- Best practices to protect sensitive business information, including trade secrets
- Reductions in force/lay offs
We also present in-house training and management seminars for clients including mandatory sexual harassment avoidance training and presentations tailored for our clients on common workplace issues like age discrimination, managing employees with disabilities and injuries, workplace violence and managing throughout the generations.
If conflict cannot be avoided, we represent employers before all administrative and judicial bodies including the DLSE, DFEH, EEOC, EDD, trial courts and appellate courts.