East Ventura County Employers Advisory Council
Speaker: Meghan Clark
This half-day seminar is designed to educate business owners, human resources professionals and managers/supervisors on legally compliant employment policies designed to help avoid employee claims and litigation and improve daily management of employees.
This seminar will review how core management policies and employee handbooks should be drafted, as well as common mistakes. We will discuss:
- California requirements for hiring and onboarding, including legally compliant job applications, background check requirements, criminal history checks.
- Legally required policies on anti - harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
- When employers are required to initiate a workplace investigation into an employee’s complaint and what is required of an investigation.
- Policies to prevent and defend against employee wage and hour claims, including rest breaks, meal breaks, and overtime.
- California laws and local ordinances regarding Vacation, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Time Off.
- How to deal with employees with medical issues: Disability (and Pregnancy Disability), Workers’ Compensation, Paid Family Leave, Reasonable Accommodation under ADA and FEHA, FMLA and CFRA.
- Policies relating to daily management of employees.
- Dealing with claims from employees.
Meghan B. Clark is a partner at Clark Everson LLP in Westlake Village, California – a practice focused on representing businesses in employment law matters. Meghan counsels employers on every employment law question imaginable, including discrimination, harassment, leaves of absence, wage and hour, pregnancy issues, termination of employees, trade secrets and other related issues.
The focus of her practice is to help employers avoid litigation. However, she represents employers in court, if they are sued. She has represented employers before all administrative agencies including DLSE, DFEH, EEOC and EDD. She has also handled approximately 40 writs and appeals, several of which have been the subject of published opinions.
Meghan regularly presents seminars to employers throughout the state of California.
Price: $85.00 (including $10 early discount)