The Human Resources Survival Guide: A "How To" for Employers on Handling Employees
Please join us for a half-day seminar for business owners, supervisors and human resources professionals to cover the most common issues that come up in the employment relationship. Attorneys from the employment law firm Clark*Everson LLP, Meghan B. Clark and Danielle R. Everson, will discuss frequent costly mistakes made by employers, and how to avoid those problems before they lead to lawsuits.
This half-day seminar will cover the following topics and more:
- Problems encountered during the hiring process.
- How to effectively handle problem employees.
- Dealing with employees who are sick, stressed or injured.
- How to discipline and terminate an employee without getting sued.
- Handling post-employment claims such as unemployment, wage and hour and wrongful termination.
- Developing and effectively implementing employee handbooks and workplace policies.
- “Hot topics” in employment law, including social media in the workplace, employee privacy, background checks, the new I-9 form and changes in the Fair Employment and Housing Act regulations.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION:
Registration and payment received by Friday May 16, 2014, $75.00. Register online at http://www.eastventuraeac.org/upcoming-events.php.
Register and pay at the door - $85.00
REGISTRATION AND BREAKFAST START AT 7:15 AM. Space is limited. Substitutions welcome. Registration fee includes lunch.