Join us for a half-day seminar designed for business owners, supervisors and human resources professionals. Attorneys Meghan B. Clark and Danielle R. Everson will discuss the “nuts and bolts” of where most employers make costly mistakes on employment law issues, and how to avoid those problems before they lead to lawsuits.
This half-day seminar will cover the following topics and more:
- Common issues employers encounter during the hiring process.
- How to effectively handle problem employees.
- Dealing with employees who are sick, stressed or injured.
- How to discipline and terminate an employee without getting sued.
- Handling post-employment claims such as unemployment, wage and hour and wrongful termination.
- Developing and effectively implementing employee handbooks and workplace policies.
- “Hot topics” in employment law, including the new I-9 forms and changes in the Fair Employment and Housing Act regulations.
Registration at: www.eastventuraeac.org.